"Learning a new language is like getting a new window in which to see the world"
"Learn a new language and get a new soul"
"A new language is a new life"
Why Set Language Goals?
Identifying Your Language Goals:
· I need to understand work emails in English/German and meetings at work.
· People in my country come from all around the world and it's difficult to understand their accents.
· I want to feel confident speaking in meetings.
· I want to learn English/German well so that when I travel I can speak confidently and fluently (without too many mistakes!)
· I want to be able to teach my children English/German.
· I want to be able to understand films in English/German.
I will email and chat online with my colleagues both formally and informally about work.
I will write my professional texts directly in English/German, every month.
I will start to write my diary in English/German (my feelings, thinkings, experiences, opinions about some events that happened that day), every day a few sentences.
I will write my FB posts in English/German, with or without the help of a dictionary.
I will go out with my foreign colleagues every Wednesday when they go for a beer and get involved in the discussions.
I will attend English/German meetings twice a month, I will ask my best friend to join me.
I will read one English/German graded reader at Level 4-6 every month.
I will follow a minimum of 3 FB pages about cooking and spend at least 30 min per week reading the posts/links.
I'll memorize 5 English/German songs.
I'll fully understand one English/German movie by watching it every day.
I'll pass my English/German test.
Do You Have a Dream or a Goal for Your English/German Learning?
What are your short and long term English/German language learning goals?